Panasonic Toughbook Tablet PC – The Toughbook 52
Many people require a touch screen laptop that can withstand the most rigorous of conditions. Let’s face it, laptop computers are portable devices and anything that is designed to be carried around and used is likely to get dropped.
If you are a superintendent on a construction site, you’re going to be using your touch screen laptop in conditions that are quite different than someone who sits in an air conditioned office all day.
A Panasonic Toughbook tablet PC touch screen laptop can be exposed to bumps, dust, and moisture that the average laptop will never see and hold up just fine.
The Panasonic Toughbook line of laptop computers has a reputation for being the heartiest laptops on the market. They come with a magnesium alloy case as opposed to the plastic cases that most laptops come with. They are moisture resistant.
The hard drive it is even supported on shock resistant mounts. These little extra details that Panasonic builds into their Toughbook line of laptop computers might be the difference between whether you computer will fail you when you need it most.
If spend your work day in demanding physical conditions, you’ll appreciate the durability that comes with Toughbook laptops.
- Operating system – Windows 7
- CPU – Intel Core i5-540M (2.53GHz vPro)
- Display – 13.3″ XGA touchscreen 1000nit
- Storage – 160Gig (520M and P8400 CPU) or 250Gig (540M CPU) hard drive
- Memory- 2Gig SDRAM (DDR3 on i5 and i3 CPU model, DDR2 on P8400 CPU model) standard, can be expanded up to 8Gig
- Audio -Integrated stereo speakers
- Expansion slot – PC Card Type II x 1, SD memory card (SDHC)
- Wireless – 802.11a/b/g/n, bluetooth
- Battery life – Between 4 an 8 hours depending upon type of battery that is installed
- Weight – 7.9 lbs
- Dimensions – 11.3” x 14.0” x 2.0”
- Warranty – 3 years
If you are in the market for a touch screen laptop and you require one that will stand up to some serious abuse, you should consider the Panasonic Toughbook 52. This computer might cost a bit more but you are paying for reliability and the peace of mind knowing that your computer isn’t going to fail you when you most need it.